Wednesday, January 13, 2016

It's been a while...

Hello Internet peruser!

It's been far too long since I wrote something for this blog but thats about to change, so here is a condenced update on the past year :

Due to circumstancial changes I was unable to devote time to blurbing stuff here, what with most of my free time being dedicated to the more rewarding activities of writing music, experimenting with sound design and continued music production ediphication.
I have however still been creating and releasing music, three EPs released via GooglePlay (one of them 29tracks long).

Oh and more recently the music addiction went in a slightly different direction (which will be the subject of my next blog post), let me explain...
Now lets say for example that music production is an addiction akin to a mild narcotic, well my particular addiction went down a slightly more 'more-ish' route.  Having spent the last decade and a half in the MIDI/Software arena I got a taste for 'something a little more';
And where do you go from hardware production?  The answer is obvious ...Go Modular!
And 'going modular' isn't to be rushed in to (we'll not if your like me), the planning process alone took a few months (*but I'll leave that lenghy story for the next blog post)

So, apart from making music and building my modular rig I've also had a bit of an upheaval... Litterally, I moved.
Just imagine having to transfer all your gear from one side of the city to the opposite side!  Never again, I swear never again.  It's taken about two weeks to get everything from one place to the other and two days to re-arrange all the gear in to a logical and useable position. ...And a day and a half to actually get everything patched together.   It's always the same you think something is going to work the way you imagine and then when it comes to plugging stuff together you realise you forgot a crucial thing that means you have to go back to the drawing board eh?  ^_^

hmmm what else?
oh'  ....I bought a TV.  'Thats not interesting, OR music related!' I expect you'll be thinking...
We'll actually it is both, you see....
I havent owned a TV for around 17years.  I hate them.  So why buy one?  Because I realised large TVs are cheaper than large computer monitors.  And thats what I'll be using as a studio monitor.
'The bigger the better' was the phrase that was in mind earlier today when I picked it up, not quite realising quite how large it would be in-use untill I unboxed all 48" of screen a couple of hours ago.
'Thats pretty excessive' you might think to your self, and maybe you'd be right... but what the hell?!
17+years working on 17" screens or less and peering at were the mouse pointer is located whilst editing,  those days are gone my friend!   ^_^

And that also pretty much explains why, after almost a years hiatus from this blog, I have returned.
Having finished setting up the screen on the studio PC and almost finished assembling the studio in the new premisis I thought I'd sit down and try out the new screen.   ...which will do the job nicely ^_^



So that's it,
Time to get back to work for me...
stay productive people!
Peace,
L

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!
Please don't use the comment to spam with buy links as these get removed... All other links are okay.